Installing TIME MONITOR
Supported Operating Systems:
Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7
Prior to installing Time Monitor:
- Create all of the Windows user accounts that will be accessing this computer. This is necessary for the setup program to initially configure all user accounts properly.
- Make sure all user accounts on the system are set to Standard (Limited) and at least one Administrator account exists (that's you!).
- Every account on the system must be password protected, especially the Administrator account. Every Windows user account should have it's own unique password so that the computer time limit for each account can be controlled properly.
- Inform your users to keep their passwords a secret. This is to avoid scenarios where User "Cory" logs into User "Susan's" account thus giving himself more computer time.
- Log in to each newly created Windows user account to allow Windows to set up the initial user preferences and desktop settings. The setup program will fail to detect this user account if you skip this step.
- Log out of the newly created user account.
- Make sure that there are no users currently logged into the computer system.
- Log in using your password protected Administrator account.
Download Time Monitor
If you haven't done so, go to the Time Monitor Downloads section and download the latest release of the Time Monitor setup package.
Installing Time Monitor
Important: You must be logged in as an Administrator to run the Time Monitor setup package. The administrator account you use to install Time Monitor becomes the master Time Monitor Administrator. DO NOT delete this account or reduce privileges from Admin to Limited. Doing so will prevent you from making any changes in the future. Be certain you are using the correct administrator account.
Run the Time Monitor setup package that you downloaded.
Finally, when the setup program launches click the [OK] button on the welcome screen to install the Time Monitor parental control software on your system. Setup time typically takes less than 10 seconds on a computer system with less than 10 users. When the setup package has finished click [OK]. Setup will then launch the Time Monitor Administrator program for you. You can then begin to set time limits and configure Time Monitor settings.
Please refer to the Time Monitor Administrator Documentation to properly configure your computer system. Thoroughly read the documents found there in order to minimize any issues that could have been avoided. Read Time Monitor Administrator Settings first to properly define the default settings used by the Time Monitor system tray application. Remember that you can access help from within the program by simply selecting help from the menu.